Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Big Boys Don't Cry

So on Monday night Nate got in a fight with the bathtub and it won. He goes crazy in the tub. He absolutely loves it! If he can hear the water running he bee lines it for the bathroom. The ultimate injustice in life is if Emma is taking a bath and he isn't. (I'm serious, its one of the few things Nate will through an all out fit about.)

So Monday night we had both the kids in the tub and Nate was crawling around. He slipped and hit the side with his face. Right above his right eye took the brunt of the hit. Right along his eyebrow bone the skin just popped open all the way across. I grabbed him out to go get ice and he wouldn't let me put it on it. He was throughing a huge fit, because he wanted back in the tub. After deciding that he would be fine I sat him back in the bath tub and he instantly stopped crying. I'm sure it hurt, but not as bad as being out of the tub. So there he sat, happy as a clam, splashing in the tub with blood running down the side of his eye. It was pretty puffy that night and the next morning, but it looks like we excaped without a black eye.


This one was taken right after the incident, when he has his eye open you can't see it all, but the ones I took after he fell asllep weren't very flattering. He fell asleep with his eyes half open and I think its kinda creepy looking when he does that.

This was the next morning, the cut seems to be healing quickly, but its quite bruised around it now. Poor little guy. He doesn't seem to be aware of it, so maybe it doesn't hurt to bad. then again it is Nate and he doesn't seem to complain much about anything.

Please guys, no more picture!

2 comments:

Paul and Jackie said...

Nate is getting so big and cute, even with his cut on his eye!!

Ryan & Amanda said...

I can't believe how grown up he is already. It is hard to think that less than a year ago he was a tiny baby! That is too bad about his eye, but at least you know it can't be too bad if he just wanted back in the tub. I still hate it when stuff like that happens to Alli though! The Seaworld pictures are so cute. It looks like so much fun!

Post a Comment