Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Kodiak

We finally made it. The day before we left Nathan had the stomach flu. 24 hours of him hurling all over the house and I was so excited to get on a plane with him. I had the great idea to fly up a week before Jake. It went fine, but I've decided that this is the last time I travel really far alone with the kids, because when three gets here I don't think I'll be able to do it.

Nate did really well. It was a little crazy going through security with two carry-ons for me, Emma had a backpack and DVD player and then a giant double stroller. In Denver we had to pick up all our checked bags and car seats and re-check them into Alaska Airlines (Southwest really needs to work on that). That was a little crazy and I'm sure we looked like a circus as Emma pushed a loaded luggage cart and a prego lady pushed a giant stroller loaded with luggage. Good thing we had a long lay over.

We got to Anchorage at 1 am and that is when the double stroller paid off. Both sleeping kids could sit in it as we walked through the airport to the hotel shuttle. Nate had been fine the whole flight, but as soon as we got checked into the hotel he started throwing up again. It was lovely when in the night he puked all over me. At least we were at a hotel (thanks mom and dad) and not at the airport as I had originally planned.

The last flight to Kodiak only had 19 seats on it. We had to walk out to the plane, so this was the first flight that Nate realized he was on a plane. Until then I don't think he had quite figured out that when we walked down the hallway and sat in the seats that we were on a plane. As we landed in Kodiak he kept saying, "I flew, I flew."

Emma was great the whole time. She's a seasoned little traveler, but she didn't like how southwest made you stand in line and then sit where ever you want. I think her mom agrees with her.

She was so excited to get to Alaska and see all her cousins.
This might be the story of Emma's life...waiting for her brother to catch up.
Nate was ready to fish. The kid is crazy about fishing. He loves to stand and cast. We just never were able to convince him that part of fishing was reeling in. I guess his sister can give him lessons. She seems to be quite the pro.

No comments:

Post a Comment