
Saturday we went to the zoo. (San Antonio has an amazing zoo...I love it). We'd gone on Thursday and the kids had seen those machines you put quarters in and it makes a plastic toy in front of you. (I remember thinking they were so cool as a kid and I got to make a red one of some animal at a zoo as a kid.) So before our Saturday trip we got out the piggy banks and they each got out 8 quarters to make a toy and a few extra to buy food to feed the animals. The kids loved their plastic animals and some how they made it to church with us....Nathan packed them without anyone seeing.
So that part has nothing to do with the title of this post, but that is how the piggy banks ended up down with their plugs out....
On Monday the boys and I ran a bunch of errands. We got home and Ian was fussing because he was hungry, so I laid him on the family room floor as I hurried and unloaded the groceries from the car. As I walked in from the garage on one trip I heard him choking and Nate was standing over him (Never a good combo). I proceeded to flip him over and pound on his back several times, but to now avail. I decided to do one more round of pounding before calling 911. During that round he stopped choking, but I didn't see if the object came out or he swallowed it.
I asked Nathan what he was choking on. "I feed him money." I asked him a hundred times in 30 seconds and the answer stayed the same. He even elaborated and told me it was a silver money. There was a dime on the floor that was wet, which I was pretty sure was the culprit, but Nathan had money all over the floor at this point.
The baby was doing fine and eating, but I kept having that nagging feeling that he may have swallowed it and I had no way of knowing. So we packed up and headed to the pediatric urgent care. 2 X-rays later and no coin in the baby. Nate had to stay in the nurses station while I did the x-rays with the baby, when I got out he had all the doctors in there too and had everyone cracking up with his story of feeding the baby money and something about dinosaurs.
We had a talk about not feeding the baby anything, but we had that talk after Nate fed him raisins and after he fed him crackers and.....
We're just glad it all turned out good and the piggy banks are put back up.
1 comment:
That is so crazy scary!!! I am so glad he is ok.
Post a Comment