Thursday, September 4, 2008

Bite size caramel apples

Bite size caramel apples.  We did this for our activity the other afternoon.  You take and apple and cut out balls with a melon baller.  You get 8-10 per apple.  Leave a chunk of skin on one side of the ball.  I tried dipping them in caramel.  The caramel doesn't stick to the apples very well.  So next time I'll just put some on the top or drizzle it over the outside of the chocolate.  It was really yummy with what did stick.  When Emma got home she dipped them in chocolate and then rolled them in nuts, mini M&M's, sprinkles, etc.  

Emma liked the ones with M&M's, I loved the chocolate,pecan, caramel ones.  I think Jake liked the white chocolate best.  We took them to Jake's home teaching families and consumed the rest.  Ok, we shared a few with the neighbors, but being bite size means you can pop them quickly.  60+ apples were gone in one might.  Delicious.

So I'm bummed that these pictures are out of focus, but by the time I looked at them and realized that my cupboards are in perfect focus and not the apples - well, lets just say that I only had an empty plate at that point. 

2 comments:

tanya said...

Those look sooo good! What a great idea. I will totally have to copy you. Hopefully I remember the idea long enough to copy it!

Ryan & Amanda said...

Those look so yummy! I am definitely going to have to try those. I am so amazed at how creative you are and everything you do always turns out great! I never would have thought to do bite sized caramel apples even though the gooey stuff is the best part!

Post a Comment