Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Jake's birthday

So I was looking at some pictures of a friend I hadn't seen in forever.  In my mind I was thinking - gosh they look old.  Where did the time go?  Then I realized that I look the same age as them.  When did we become grown ups?  

Here are pics of Jake's birhtday:

Jake's dad got him a cowboy hat.  So I think that makes us official Texans.  Emma loves the hat.
Jake turned 29 last week.  We celebrated a day early so his dad would still be here.  I attempted my second fondant cake.  I was suppose to have candy cane ropes on it, but I could not get it to roll out evenly - so it got candy cane stripes.
We also discovered that fondant isn't fire proof.  One of the snowmen had a quite burnt hat.
Jake's big gift from the family was a new jogger stroller.  We were hoping to run a 5k this Saturday, but life is a little to busy.  (OK, if I hadn't forgotten tithing settlement the first time then we could do the run.)  We make Emma ride her bike and have decided that we could probably double our mileage that we run - since we spend alot of time jogging in place convincing her to go on.  (Not sure what we'll do after Christmas, when we can't bribe her to ride to the next house with cool lights)

3 comments:

Ryan & Amanda said...

Ryan and I think Jake must have been born to be a Texan/cowboy, the hat suits him well. And the cake looked great. Someday I want to decorate cakes.

The Rookie said...

My insides just sank a bit with the paranoia of "did she mean me?" (If so, deny it, for my sake--teenagers age you and that is my only excuse). And, seriously, when DID we get so old?

Your cakes amaze me, by the way. Love keeping up-to-date on your cute little family!

Tanya said...

Don't worry Brooke it wasn't you. In fact it was someone that was a few years younger than us. Which I think makes it even worse!

Post a Comment