Sunday, January 18, 2009

Musings of a 5 year old

So once a month we go out to have pizza at Pizza Hut.  (Yes, the Book It! program is a great marketing tool).  So we headed out Friday night to go cash in Emma's coupon before it expired.  The wait was quite long.  So we had a lot of time to wrestle with Nathan (I think our dining out days are coming to a close for a while) and to talk.  

Emma asked, "Why is she called a waitress?"  To which we explained that the person that brings you food and takes your order is a waitress or waiter.  We elaborated a little more and felt that we had satisfied her question.  Then she made the observation, "Yea, but she's not the one who has to wait - we are!"  She then explained that she thought we should be called waitresses, because we are the ones that have to wait.  I think she might have something here.  If we have to wait on the waitress we should be called the waitress and we get to keep the tip - not you.  

Sadly I think this was my last trip to Pizza Hut.  I secretly love their pizza, but it makes me sick.  I hadn't eaten there in like 10 years and then Emma started getting these coupons.  Every time we go I get really sick.  I remember having this problem as a kid.  Anyone know what they might do different there?  Any secret ingredient?  This is the only pizza that makes me sick.  

3 comments:

The Rookie said...

I'm thinking the 1" layer of grease at the bottom might have something to do with it.

Smart girl, that Emma!

tanya said...

I think they have twice the fat!!! I love their pizza too but it is soooo greasey, it could just be the deep dish crust Chris always orders hmmm....
Emma is so funny! I love that little girl. She is always thinking. She reminds me of Aubrey, uh-oh, you better watch out!

Steph said...

I'm not sure what it is with Pizza Hut, but I can't eat it either. I barely make it home before I get sick. I wish I knew - I do like the taste of their pizza and their crust is good too. I wonder if they use that oil thats called: olestra? it has been known to cause the runs.

we used to get coupons when the boys were little and would take them, I just ate salad.

Post a Comment