Last week Nathan suddenly fell in love with Diego. At least a hundred times a day I hear Diego. Diego, I want Diego. We were walking this morning and he started singing the song. Then he had to show me how he was fast like Diego. (This was nice, since we were rushing to get to school and it speeded up the walk) The love affair is cute...unless I don't let him watch it...which results in "I want Diego" being shouted over and over again....he has alot of persistence. It was nice on the way home this morning, because I told him he could watch Diego when we got home...which resulted in him running the whole way home. This was nice, because our morning walks can be tortuously slow as we look at cars, bugs, poo, leaves, etc....So this morning we went to Walmart to go grocery shopping. Every time he saw something with Diego or Dora he had to get it. If we didn't then it was "I want Diego" for another 5 minutes. I caved and got the Dora soup, but the Diego Popsicles are kinda gross....so he didn't get them. He was pretty devastated. I was just amazed at the marketing power they have. Nate is 18 months and already he has bought into the marketing. I think it is down hill from here....
No comments:
Post a Comment