Sunday, January 31, 2010

Jack's Birthday

Jake's little brother Jack came out to San Antonio to celebrate his 5th birthday with us...Ok, so maybe they came to see the baby, but we got to celebrate Jack's birthday. Jack is a fan of Robin...which is not the easiest character to find. Apparently sidekicks don't get the same merchandising contracts as superheros. I made him a cake for the party. Red velvet with butter cream and fondant.
Robin is the Robin from Teen Titans...I had never heard of the show before, but apparently in this show Robin is more of a hero than in traditional Batman. Plus he has cooler hair.

I love bright colored cakes. Jack's reaction was great. He loved it. I wasn't sure how it would go over, since homemade fondant Robin is not quite as cool as a plastic one, but he loved it as was impressed with my skills...I guess all those years playing with playdough are paying off.

We made some yummy home made pizza. I loved the white pizza with ham, mozzarella, and then after it was cooked fresh tomatoes and avocado. Delicious! Then we had the great cake and headed out to Chuck E Cheese.

Uncle Nate scored big on the tickets...he won the jackpot on skeeball and something else. Everyone had a blast. We just wish they lived closer...or maybe that we lived closer, since we are the ones that moved away. Jack and Emma would have so much fun together. We still have the balloons and Happy Birthday banner up on the wall. Guess I should take it down sometime, but its nice and festive and since its the game room I don't feel any rush to.

1 comment:

tanya said...

I hate that we are all so far away form each other!!!!! Love the cake, I bet Jack did too.

Post a Comment