Monday, January 11, 2010

New Years

We went to Sea World for New Years Eve. It was so COLD! The wind was whipping and freezing. We watched Clyde and Seamore and then Nate and I went to Shamu while Emma and Jake did Steel Eel. Then we headed to the stadium for fireworks. They had singers and different groups performing. It was a little to cool for Ian, so he and I headed over to the Penguin house, which stunk - so we hung out with the puffins. Then just in time we ran to the firework stadium.
Love the wind blown look!

Listening to the bands.


Good thing the wait wasn't any longer. It was chilly. It was nice that they did the fireworks at 8, so we didn't have stay in the cold all night.
Lately Nate has been a carnivore. He has refused to eat anything but meat. He always says, "I eat meat." Usually with a tone that says are you crazy offering me veggies. So here he is attacking a turkey leg.

Jason and Nate Dancing

After Sea World we all headed back to the house and hung out. We tried to do fireworks, but it was so cold nobody wanted to be outside and the wind was blowing so hard it was hard to light things. So we did those the next night when it was warmer.
Pots and Pans were banged at midnight and Nathan was a little scared by that. Emma loved it. The New Years Babe brought Emma a doll that crawls and cries and laughs and Nate got Handy Manny.

1 comment:

Ryan & Amanda said...

I have to say I love the New Years Babe tradition! So fun, and I'm glad Nate is a carnivore, that makes me laugh! I can try to imagine his little voice saying it.

Post a Comment