Ok, so you'd think with all the laying around I've been doing lately that I'd be all caught up on this blog, but here are some more from when dad was here. We went up to this neat cowboy chuck wagon dinner in New Braunfels. It was a little pricey, but a lot of fun. I knew grandpa would love it, but the whole family had a blast. I would highly recommend this to anyone looking for the Texas cowboy experience. The preshow activities were fun, the hosts were super friendly, the food was superb, and the show was highly entertaining for all ages.
Here is Emma getting roping lessons. She spent most of the hour before dinner entertaining everyone with her skills. She got pretty good by then end. Should have had her in cowboy boots. I guess the denim skirt looks a little western. Although she is a Californian Texan, so I guess the flip flops are about right.
In between roping lessons they had beautiful grounds to explore, a trophy room full of animals and lots of friendly hosts to visit with you.
Here is Nate having a go at it. He wasn't quite as skilled as Emma, but he sure did love checking the cow out.

They let Nathan play with one of the prop guns. He wasn't sure what to think at first, but then he thought it was pretty cool.

Here is dinner. It was delicious! Brisket, biscuit, beans (the first beans I've had in Texas that I liked), baked potato and spice cake. It was more than any of us could finish, but great!

After dinner the show began. It was a lot of fun and we had great seats.

Emma had a lot of fun watching, singing, and clapping along.

Nathan absolutely loved it. He was clapping and singing the whole time...that he was awake. I think he maybe made it through the first 2 songs. I guess roping cows and gun slinging just wore him out.

1 comment:
That looks so fun! I hope you get feeling better soon!
Post a Comment